About Ladies on the Ridge
Come join the fun whether you are an avid golfer or one just starting out!!
• Meets most Wed. nights May 9-Sep 19
• Some evenings are dedicated tee times (4:30 – 7) while others will be shotgun starts (5:30 or 5:45)
• $40 season membership which goes toward prize payout at end of the season
• For those ladies with handicaps they will be placed in A, B C groups for the purpose of prizes
• Weekly prizes are based on handicaps, drawings for those who do not have a handicap and hole Prizes
• You can sign up with a foursome or as a single and be placed with others to make a foursome
• Evening formats vary and include mixers, guest nights, games (ex. best shots) as well as straight golf
• Optional dinners after golf are available on some nights for an additional charge
2013 LOTR Officers
Pres Nancy Williams 319-373-1159
V Pres Lainie Smith 319-361-2405
Sec JoEllen Haddad 319-721-9541
Treas Jean Kacick 319-550-1884
HC Patty Nelson 319-431-7496
Over 40 of us were able to attend the end-of-season dinner - more people always makes it more fun! There were many people to thank including Robin for the website, Robin & Carol for the Ladies Invitational, Carol for Interclub (which was very successful again this year!), Nate & his crew, Valissa & her daughter and son-in-law for more wonderful desserts, and Lainie, JoEllen, Jean & Patty for their work all season - they were great to work with!
Officers for next year: Laine will be President, Kris Berry will be Vice President, Jo Haddad will be Secretary, Kirsten Vieth will be Treasurer, and Patty agreed to stay as our Handicapper. Thank you for stepping up to do this work!
We ended the season with extra money (a couple of rainouts so prize money saved there & members registering late after the prize structure was determined) and decided to give it back as prizes. 33 door prizes of $20 & $25 amounts were given out! Also, the One Lucky Lady jackpot of $216 was won by Karen Swalley!! Remember that money was split 50/50 so we ended up adding $216 to our budget from those ticket sales!
I do have one request that I discussed at the meeting. Perhaps this could be a volunteer committee kind of thing through LOTR or just a separate set of volunteers not thru LOTR. As you may know, my husband coaches the Mt Mercy Womens Golf Team whose home course is Hunters Ridge. His budget is extremely tight compared to many other schools. In order to stay competive wtih recruiting, one of the things he has to do is offer a nice spring trip (every other year). To raise money for that and other basic stuff he schedules 2-3 home meets with at least one of them being really big. I usually help with that but it has become overwhelming. This year we had 115 golfers! I was wondering if any of you would like to volunteer to help to run the event(s). Here is the kind of help that is needed:
1) check-in the teams the 1st morning
2) help cart the girls out to the far holes to start
3) help with the scorecards at the end of the day - totalling and posting.
Let me know if you are interested. Nancy Williams